Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Luke Hammons is currently interning for Wyoming Public Radio's news department. Before moving to Laramie, Luke lived for two years in Brazil, where he worked as an ESL Instructor, trained in the Brazilian martial art of capoeira, and wrote various fiction and poetry pieces for publication.
He graduated from Eastern Washington University's MFA Creative Writing Program in fiction in 2009. During his time in graduate school, he also volunteered as a creative writing teacher in Airway Height's medium security prison.
When Luke isn't reporting for WPR, he is either editing his sci-fi/western novel, Shark's Game III, giving lessons in capoeira, or simply enjoying being back in his home state of Wyoming.