Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
WXXI-AM: Julie Philipp
NYS Emmy-nominated journalist Julie Philipp has been News Director for WXXI’s Center for Public Affairs since 2008, overseeing radio, television, and online news.
Prior to that, she served as WXXI Television News Director. She first came to WXXI in 1989 as a radio journalist, earning top honors in the New York State Broadcasters Association’s General Excellence in Individual Reporting and Enterprise Reporting award categories. She also served as interim Capitol Bureau Correspondent for New York State Public Radio, reporting statewide from Albany. While taking some time to raise her family on a small farm near Rochester, Julie was a freelance writer for news and general interest publications.
She hosts WXXI’s weekly television news magazine Need to Know Rochester. She also contributes to PBS and NPR news programs, and has produced and moderated many local and statewide Voice of the Voter political debates and forums.