Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- The Wind River Casino is doing well, but some tribal members expect more
- Wyoming Judicial Branch says there’s nothing left to cut.
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon August 8, 2011
ABC News Questions Report On Contents Of New Jackie O. Tapes
Today, British tabloid The Daily Mirror published a report that alledged new recordings of Jackie Onassis reveal that she believed President Lyndon B. Johnson had a hand in the assassination of her husband John F. Kennedy.
The tapes, it said, will be released by the Kennedy Library and would be first aired by ABC News. But, as juicy as it sounds, ABC is refuting the claims from the Daily Mirror.
"The tabloid reports about the content of the tapes are totally erroneous. ABC News isn't releasing any content from those tapes until mid-September at which point it will be clear how off base these reports are."
The tapes were recorded by historian Arthur Schlesinger within months of Kennedy's assassination on Nov. 22, 1963, and had been sealed in a vault at the Kennedy Library in Boston.
The Warren Commission, which investigated the assassination, found that Lee Harvey Oswald was solely responsible for Kennedy's death.