Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Mon August 6, 2012
Adventure Race Is Coming To Wyoming
A company is bringing what they are calling The Epic Adventure Race to the state of Wyoming. Plans are to have the race begin in one portion of the state each year and end up in Casper.
It will involve Mountain Biking, paddling and trail running. Michael Spiller of the Company Rev 3 says it will feature some of the top adventure racers in the World and will showcase some of Wyoming’s famous and historic landscape.
“ We are highlighting some of the historical features in the state. For example…the trekking carts at Martin’s Cove, some of the history of the Oregon Trail, the Pony Express stations, ghost towns, the great climbing and mountain biking you have in the state, as well as the different water features. ”
Spiller says the race will also feature some citizen events. The first race is scheduled for July of 2013.