Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon August 8, 2005
Anadarko Weighs CBM Reinjection
Gillette, WY – A coal bed methane producer in the Powder River Basin says it will soon consider reinjecting water produced by their wells back into the ground. Water is a byproduct of CBM development and, in places that water is of marginal quality and is harmful to plants. One solution is to pump the water back underground, where it came from. Anadarko Petroleum is looking at such an effort. Spokesman Rick Robitaille says the company is adding enough production that it may justify building a major pipeline and water reinjection system.