Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed September 22, 2004
Attorney General Takes Wrong Moose
Cheyenne, Wy –
Wyoming's Attorney General has gotten himself in a little bit of trouble with law. Pat Crank pleaded guilty to a hunting violation Tuesday and paid a 210-dollar fine. Last weekend, Crank and his son mistook a cow moose for a bull and shot it. Crank's son only had a permit for a bull moose. Crank admits worries how this situation could affect his credibility. But he says he has tried to be very upfront about it.
As someone who has hunted for virtually his whole life, Crank says he's horribly embarrassed by the incident. He says what makes it worse is the hunt should have been an exciting time for his son