Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Fri February 7, 2014
Author Blames Drugs For Matthew Shepard Murder
The common story behind the murder of Matthew Shepard is that he was targeted in Laramie’s fireside bar because he was gay and was the victim of a robbery. Law enforcement authorities say that Shepard was driven to the edge of Laramie and tied to a fence by Russell Henderson and Aaron McKinney.
He was then pistol whipped and left for dead. But for years some say there was more to the crime then that and author Steve Jimenez has explored those rumors. His book called “The Book of Matt. Hidden Truths about the murder of Matthew Shepard” paints a different narrative.