Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri May 20, 2005
Avalanche at Colorado Ski Resort Kills One Man
Laramie, Wy – In Colorado one person died in an avalanche today. Rescuers were looking for other people buried, but say they don't think anyone else was caught up in the avalanche.
The search has been suspended because of the threat of another slide.
The avalanche occurred this morning on a ski run at the Breckenridge resort. The run was closed to skiers at the time, but authorities say other runs were open.
The victim is described as a man in his 40's. He's at least the fifth person to die in a Colorado avalanche this season. So, far no one in Wyoming has died in an avalanche this year.