Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue December 13, 2011
Barrasso elected chairman of GOP Policy Committee
Senate Republicans have elected U-S Senator John Barrasso of Wyoming to become G-O-P policy committee chairman.
The policy committee chair is the fourth most senior position in the Republican Party, and Barrasso says he’s honored to be chosen.
On his website, he says he intends to work with Republicans as they brainstorm ways to create jobs, cut spending, develop energy resources and protect the country.
Fellow Senator from Wyoming, Mike Enzi, congratulated Barrasso on the appointment.
In a statement, Enzi says Barasso has “Cowboy State common sense and work-driven energy.”
Barrasso will become the first senator from Wyoming to serve as Chairman of the Republican Policy Committee since its inception in 1947.