Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu September 27, 2007
Barrasso Opposes New Version Of Children's Health Care Program
Washington D-C – Senator John Barrasso disagrees with those who want to expand a children's health care program called S-chip. He says that people in Wyoming favor the state version of the program called kid care and he says it has done the job. But during a Republican press conference, Barrasso explained that he opposes the bill being offered by Democrats. He says it is because the bill would expand the current program and make it too costly. Barrasso says that he is worried that politics will hurt a very good children's health care program. The current program is set to expire at the end of the month, unless congress reauthorizes it.