Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue November 21, 2006
Big Horn Basin Moving to One Dump?
Laramie, Wy – Big Horn Basin may set up a regional landfill. This means communities in the area may ship garbage to a site near Cody in the future.
The Superintendent of Park County's Landfill says a new focus on lined landfills and regional waste management plans could reduce the total number of landfill sites.
He says preliminary plans call for phasing out major solid waste operations in Powell, Meeteetse and Clark, and trucking the waste to the Cody landfill.