Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed November 16, 2011
BLM seeks comments on proposed Chevron wells
The Bureau of Land Management is seeking public comments on a company's plans to drill up to 88 new wells in western Wyoming.
Chevron USA, Inc., is proposing to expand the Table Rock Field 40 miles east of Rock Springs with 33 shallow oil wells and 20 deep gas wells. As many as 35 water injection wells also would be drilled.
The BLM says just over 300 acres would be disturbed and the wells would have a lifespan of between 40 and 55 years.
Public comments may be sent by fax, email, mail or hand-delivery to the BLM Rock Springs Field Office by Dec. 14. The email address is TableRock-EA-WY@blm.gov and the office is located at 280 Highway 191 North, Rock Springs, WY, 82901.