Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue October 2, 2007
Body Found Near Cody
Laramie, WY – The body of a 29-year-old Cody man who had been missing for nearly a week has been found at the scene of a single-vehicle accident.
The Park County Sheriff's Office says Alexander Michael Waits was reported missing by his family on Sept. 26th when he failed to show up for work.
Sheriff Scott Steward says his office received a report Sunday of a crashed pickup truck in a ravine about 14 miles southwest of Cody.
Waits was found dead at the scene.
Authorities believe Waits lost control of the vehicle and it plunged about 200 feet down a steep embankment.