Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Mon August 2, 2004
C-W-C Volleyball Returning?
Riverton, WY – A loss of potential traditional-aged students has prompted Central Wyoming College officials to consider bringing back women's volleyball in 2005. C-W-C Vice President for Academic Services J.D. Rottweiler says budget concerns led the college to drop men's and women's basketball and women's volleyball in 1991. The Riverton school's only sport currently is rodeo. Rottweiler says officials believe Central Wyoming College can compete instantly in women's vollyeball with local student athletes. He says it's a cost effective sport as a number of different teams can be played during tournaments. Rottweiler says the average age of Central Wyoming students has dropped to 29 in the last five to ten years. He says those more traditional-aged students want more collegiate activities. Rottweiler says officials still have some further investigation and are seeking public comments on the proposal.