Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu August 5, 2004
Campbell County Mines Sold
Gillette, WY – The nation's fourth largest coal producer has sold its American mining operations and formed a new corporation. R-A-G International owns two mines in Campbell county, Eagle Butte and Bell Ayr. Both operations employ 480 people. The three American buyers have formed Foundation Coal. The sale price has not been disclosed, but previous announcements put the figure at close to one billion dollars. No changes are expected in the operation's management.