Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri October 25, 2013
Casper business owners to vote on Downtown Development Authority
Casper business owners will vote on whether to renew a tax on downtown businesses to fund the Downtown Development Authority.
The Downtown Development Authority, or DDA, is run by several business owners in Casper with the goal of improving the city’s downtown area and attracting customers to businesses.
City Councilman Bob Hopkins says the DDA provides important services.
“It’s like having another advertising agency for the city of Casper Downtown.” Hopkins said of the DDA, “If you hired a bunch of people that have had long term businesses and they all wanna get their heads together and advertise; the DDA represents that kind of function.”
The DDA is funded by a tax on the non-residential properties in the downtown area. The vote will be November 5.