Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu March 23, 2006
Casper College Class to Help Homeowners Use Renewable Energy
By Kristin Espeland
laramie, wy – Homeowners who want to learn how to use renwable energy to power their homes can now take a new class on Casper College. Installing renewable energy devices such as solar panels, and cutting down on the energy used in a home are usually left to technicians. But co-teacher Patti Gunderson says this class is unique in targeting community members. However, Gunderson says the class could also help build the ranks of renewable energy and energy efficiency experts. Gunderson says that because their services will be increasingly in demand, Wyoming needs to put more resources into training.