Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri May 11, 2012
Casper mayor opposes smoke-free ordinance
The city of Casper is considering a ban on smoking in all public places. It’s an issue that supporters have been pushing for a number of years and next week there will be a public hearing on the issue. In the past, supporters of the ordinance have been on board with the program, but not everybody is in love with it. So today we will hear from an opponent. Former Mayor Mike Reid is the co-owner of Poplar Wine and Spirits in Casper that includes an adjoining smoke free bar. Reid tells Bob Beck the smoke free approach has worked well.