Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Tue May 25, 2010
CBM Working Group moving towards a final recommendation
By Renny MacKay
Laramie, WY – What is known as the C-B-M Working Group might be voting on recommendations at its next meeting. The group is made up of landowners, industry and other stakeholders who have an interest in regulations for water from coal-bed methane drilling. The Department of Environmental Quality convened the group and used a facilitator to try and find consensus between the various interest groups. The director of the D-E-Q, John Corra, says he thinks a consensus agreement is possible.
"It's a bit premature to say they've reached an agreement, but I can say they continue to make excellent progress."
The stakeholders have until tomorrow (Wednesday) to comment on a draft recommendation. A subcommittee will take those comments and fold them into a final recommendation and present that to the whole working group at its next meeting, which will likely occur in June.