Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri November 23, 2012
Christmas Is About The Gold-Plated Christmas Tree
Originally published on Fri November 23, 2012 11:53 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Christmas is not about the gifts. Christmas is about the gold-plated Christmas tree. A Tokyo jewelry store is selling the tree for $4.2 million, a price tag explained not only by the steep price of gold, but also by the craftsmanship. A team of workers decorated this tree with handcrafted Disney characters like Mickey Mouse, Tinker Bell and Cinderella. For those on a budget, there is a smaller version of the tree for a quarter million dollars. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.