Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri March 16, 2007
Cody Group Opposes Park Entrance Closure
By Bob Beck
Laramie, WY – Several residents of Cody continue to be upset about plans to close the East entrance of Yellowstone because of avalanche concerns. The group called Shut Out says it's possible that people would not be able to enter Yellowstone through Cody for six months of the year. Group member Ann Simpson says that is unacceptable. Simpson thinks limited snowmobile use along with other rules, should be considered as opposed to just closing the east gate. The group will have a meeting Thursday, March 22nd in Cody. Yellowstone Superintendent Suzanne Lewis is expected to attend.