Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri December 19, 2003
Committee Discusses Cost Adjustment
Casper, Wy – The Joint Education Committee has gone along with Teton County Concerns over a new regional cost formula. The committee will give Teton County one and a half million to address loses the county would suffer under a new regional cost adjustment in the school funding formula. Teton County school officials say the loss of money would keep them from retaining teachers. Albany County is another district that would lose money under the formula, but the committee did nothing to hold them harmless.