Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- The Wind River Casino is doing well, but some tribal members expect more
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Best of Wyoming
Mon September 10, 2012
Community Fine Arts Center – Rock Springs
The Community Fine Arts Center houses a collection of over 600 original American paintings, prints, drawings, and sculptures owned by Sweetwater County School District # 1. Artists represented in the collection include Norman Rockwell, Grandma Moses, Forrest Moses, Loren McGiver, Elliott Orr, Edward Chavez, Paul Horiuchi, Ilya Bolotowsky, Raphael Soyer, and Rufino Tamayo. Paintings by well known Wyoming, Western, and local artists are also on display. The collection continues to grow through purchases and donations. The CFAC offers a changing display of local and regional art and artists as well as National traveling exhibitions and a year round schedule of performing arts programs. The Community Fine Arts Center draws from a unique collaboration of the City of Rock Springs, Sweetwater County and the local School District # 1, and is supported by the Wyoming Arts Council and Sweetwater BOCES.
Open Mon. – Thurs. 10 am to 6 pm and every Fri. and Sat noon to 5 pm. Closed Holidays.