Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Tue August 20, 2013
Community Foundation of Jackson Hole nears a milestone
A fundraising event organized by the Community Foundation of Jackson Hole hopes to raise $9.1 million this year. Old Bill’s Fun Run is in its 17th year and if this year’s goal is met its all-time fundraising total will hit the one-hundred million dollar mark.
Businesses and private donors contribute the money, which the Foundation awards as grants to non-profit organizations in Teton County.
Nicki McDermott, the foundation’s Special Events and Marketing Officer feels that the event makes it easy to be generous, saying, “The beauty of Old Bill’s is that you can give to all of your favorite non-profits through one event, with one check. As donors fill out donor forms, they’ll say these are my five organizations and I wanna give this much to
McDermott also says that 41 businesses and individuals have already signed up to be co-challengers, who match the contributions of other donors.
The run will be held on September 7th and the deadline to make a contribution for the 2013 run is September 13th.