Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon November 14, 2011
Concrete production in WY hits 10-year low
Wyoming's ready-mix concrete production is at its lowest point in a decade - an indicator of the slow economy.
The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association says Wyoming concrete hit a 10-year low last year. But that was better than the nation overall, which showed its lowest level since 1994.
The president of the Concrete Association of Wyoming told the paper that the state has been buoyed by activity in the energy industries.
He predicted that activity in 2012 would be about the same as this year.