Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri February 6, 2009
Congressman: FE Warren Had Impropert Documentation
Laramie, WY – A Colorado congressman says the 90th Missile Wing at F.E. Warren Air Force Base improperly documented testing on nuclear missiles in December.
A base spokeswoman confirmed Friday that inspectors identified "deficiencies in several areas" during the December inspection. She declined to release more detailed information.
Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Coffman of Colorado says he plans to meet with Air Force officials to find out more about what happened. Coffman is a member of the House Armed Services Committee.
The 90th Missile Wing at F.E. Warren oversees dozens of Minuteman missiles based in silos in southeast Wyoming and northern Colorado.
The alleged problem follows last year's disclosure that electrical fuses for ballistic missile warheads were shipped to Taiwan by mistake. The fuses originated at F.E. Warren; the mixup apparently happened in Utah.