Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue November 21, 2006
Contractor Out State Grooming Snowy Range Trails
Laramie, Wy – Some businesses associated with snowmobiling in southeastern Wyoming are concerned about a new plan for grooming trails in the Snowy Range. The state is taking over grooming after a dispute with a contractor. The owner of Frontier Cycle in Laramie, Roy Devries, says the Snowy Range is considered one of the best places to ride snowmobiles in the country, so he doesn't want anything to jeopardize that.
Devries says the state has assured him they will make sure the grooming is done well.
He says this is important because his revenue has gone up as the reputation of the Snowy Range has grown.