Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Wed March 23, 2011
Cowgirls are preparing for Colorado
By Bob Beck
Laramie, WY – If the Wyoming Cowgirls are going to advance to another round in the Women's National Invitation Tournament, they will have to find a way to stop Colorado's Brittany Spears. Spears was an All Big 12 first team selection this year and averages around 18 points a game. Wyoming head coach Joe Legerski says she is a difficult matchup for his team.
"She shoots the ball well from 3 point range, she can put it on the floor, at 6 foot 1 she has great size and put all those qualities together and it becomes a difficult matchup. I mean 33 points in her last game."
CU enters Thursday's game with a mediocre record of 17 wins and 15 losses, but Legerski says that record is deceiving because they play in the difficult Big 12 conference. Legerski is hoping for another big crowd for Thursday night's game.
Tipoff is at seven.