Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Tue March 16, 2010
Cowgirls head to the post-season
By Renny MacKay
Laramie, WY – In women's basketball, the University of Wyoming Cowgirls are headed to the postseason. The team was invited to play in the Women's National Invitation Tournament and they host a game in Laramie on Friday. The N-I-T is not as illustrious as the NCAA tournament, but head coach Joe Legerski says it's an honor none the less.
"We're one of 128 teams still playing, that gets you excited that you still have that opportunity. We're an at large selection so the group must have felt that we played well enough through the year to deserve an opportunity to keep playing."
During the last five years, Legerski has led his team to a postseason tournament four times, including winning the N-I-T in 2007. The team plays against Nevada at seven on Friday night. Nevada's best player is Tahnee (taw NEE) Robinson who is from Fort Washakie.