Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Wed November 8, 2006
Cubin Edges Trauner
Cheyenne, Wy – Democratic U-S House candidate Gary
Trauner is considering his options today (Wednesday). Republican Barbara Cubin defeated Trauner by just 970 votes. That's just short of triggering an automatic recount in the race, but Trauner still can request a recount if he pays for it.
Trauner issued a statement this afternoon saying he wanted to
spend the day reviewing reports of problems with counting ballots
and getting answers to questions about provisional ballots that
have yet to be counted.
He says he owes it to the people of Wyoming to make sure that
every vote has been counted accurately.
Trauner scheduled a news conference tomorrow afternoon in
Cubin says that she doesn't believe a recount would make a
difference in the outcome.
State elections officials say a request for a recount can be
made anytime between now and two days after the State Canvassing
Board meets on November 15th.