Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Tue October 26, 2004
Cubin Favors Several Health Care Reforms
Laramie, Wy –
Finding ways to get more people health care coverage and providing affordable health care are two key parts of Barbara Cubin's platform if she returns to Washington. The Congresswoman is seeking re-election against Democrat Ted Ladd and Libertarian Louis Stock. Cubin favors a plan that would allow more small business people and individuals to get the kinds of health care they need at a cheaper rate. Cubin says another matter that needs to be addressed is getting cheaper medications. She says she voted to support getting access to cheaper drugs from Canada. But when it comes to drug costs, Cubin says it's important that people understand what they are paying for. And that is better drugs to keep you out of the hospital. She says while the drugs might cost more, people no longer have to spend the night in the hospital.
Cubin thinks another solution to rising health care costs are such things as capping non-economic damages in medical malpractice cases and some other Tort Reforms. She thinks things need to be done at the federal level, since so many states have constitutional prohibitions against taking certain actions, like capping damages.