Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri November 9, 2007
Cubin not seeking re-election next year, Republican officials say
Cheyenne, Wyo. – Two Republican officials say Barbara Cubin
is NOT going to be running for re-election next year.
A release from Cubin's office on Friday said the congresswoman planned to make an announcement about her future at a Republican Central Committee meeting in Casper on Saturday.
Two Republican officials who requested anonymity because the congresswoman has yet to publicly reveal her plans said that Cubin is going to announce that she will not seek re-election.
Cubin has missed almost half her votes this year. She has been in Wyoming tending to her husband, who has been ill for many years with an unspecified immune disorder.
Dr. Frederick "Fritz" Cubin has been hospitalized repeatedly in Casper this year, often in critical condition.
Cubin was first elected to the House in 1994. She is serving her seventh term.