Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Best of Wyoming
Fri March 1, 2013
CWC Peck Arts Center – Riverton
The Robert A. Peck Arts Center was built in 1983 and is one of the finest visual and performing arts facilities in the region. The facility has several performing spaces, including the 942-seat theater, a music rehearsal hall, and a black box theater/dance studio. The theater is fronted by a 6,000 square foot gallery space which leads into the Art Wing.
Central is the only community college in the state with a bronze foundry and cold/warm glass medium. Students can try their hand at welding, wood and stone carving while creating unique pieces of artwork. Ceramics students create functional and sculptural pieces using reduction, Raku, and pitfire techniques. Photography students have access to an excellent darkroom, printmaking and multimedia center. Drawing and painting students have access to a large, open air natural light studio.
The music wing in the Arts Center is equipped with a soundproof classroom, rehearsal, and practice areas. Students have access to a variety of learning tools: grand pianos, a fully-integrated digital and analog recording studio, computers for composition and practice activities, a midi-digital piano lab, large listening library and performance areas.
For more information and upcoming events, please visit http://www.cwc.edu/what/ArtsCenter .