Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Mon May 6, 2013
Dan Furphy new president and CEO of Laramie economic development organizations
The Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce and the Laramie Economic Development Corporation are merging aspects of their operations. They have picked Laramie-native Dan Furphy as the new president and CEO of the two organizations. Furphy is a banker who has served as board member for both groups in the past. He says he wants to attract data centers to Laramie to create jobs and he plans to continue to work with the University of Wyoming.
“We’ve had several businesses that started in the business incubator up at the university actually go into private business in Laramie and have created several great jobs in our community and we’d like to continue that relationship with the community,” says Furphy.
Furphy starts is in his new post Tuesday.