Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri August 8, 2008
Deadly House Fire Moved Quickly
Cheyenne, Wyo. – A fire officials says a deadly mobile home
fire in central Wyoming engulfed the structure in a matter of minutes.
The fire yesterday (Thursday) killed three small children and left three other people hospitalized.
Nine people - two women and seven children under the age of 7 - were inside the two-bedroom trailer home just outside the city of Riverton when it caught fire.
A 1-year-old boy, a 2-year-old girl and a 3-year-old boy died in the fire. Two of the dead children were in a crib.
A 4-year-old girl, a 6-year-old girl and a 29-year-old woman were taken to Denver hospitals for treatment. There was no
immediate word on their conditions.
Another 3-year-old boy was treated and released, and a 1-year-old boy and 23-year-old woman were not hurt.
No names have been released, and the cause of the fire is under investigation. The nine were members of two related families.