Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Hill Announces Intention To Resume Superintendent Duties
Tue July 18, 2006
Devils Tower Fires Contained
Hulett, Wy – A rangeland fire in eastern Sheridan County has
burned north into Montana.
Sheridan County Commissioner Terry Cram says firefighters are
close to having a line around the fire, which has consumed about
Cram says yesterday (Monday) a truck driver suffered burns when
he was forced to run through the advancing fire.
Meantime, firefighters have succeeded in containing wildfire
south of Devils Tower National Monument in northeast Wyoming.
Some fire crews are pulling out of that area for reassignment to
a fire that flared up in east-central Wyoming in Converse County.
About 12 miles northeast of Douglas, a wildfire has burned about
six-thousand acres of grass, sage, juniper and ponderosa.
Two homes, gas wells and a radio tower are in the vicinity.
Nearly 260 firefighters are on the scene.