Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed November 16, 2005
Drug Enrollment Plan Begins
Cheyenne, Wy –
This week marks the beginning of the enrollment period for the new Medicare prescription drug plan. Any Medicare recipient is eligible. And that's the end of the easy part. Every state offers dozens of types of plans .In Wyoming .applicants must choose from among 48. Each plan offers different coverage amounts different premiums different deductibles even coverage for different drugs. Wyoming's health department's division of aging director Beverly Morrow says seniors aren't the only ones who are confused. But Morrow says her agency and others have partnered to disseminate information to senior centers and organizations. One agency plans to tour the state in an RV stopping in several communities to answer questions about the new drug plan and help those who are interested to choose a plan and enroll.