Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri September 20, 2013
Education expert will speak about emotions and learning at the upcoming Ellbogen Symposium
On October 2nd, the University of Wyoming College of Education will be hosting University of Southern California Professor Dr. Mary Helen Immordino-Yang who will be the keynote speaker at the annual Ellbogen Symposium for teaching and learning.
She will discuss how emotions shape learning, motivation and self. Dr. Immordino-Yang is an expert on neuroscience and education. She tells Bob Beck that emotions and our social experiences are a big part of learning.