Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon May 8, 2006
End to Clearncutting
Wyoming – The Biodiversity Conservation Alliance is calling for an end to clearcutting. This is the practice of logging a swath of the forest. Opposition to the technique was a mainstay of the environmental community during the 1980s, but there's been little attention on clearcutting since.
Wyoming Public Radio's Renny MacKay reports on the view of clearcutting from the Forest Service and scientists