Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon December 15, 2003
Enzi: Saddam's Capture An Early Christmas Present
Cheyenne, WY – Wyoming Senator Mike Enzi says the capture of Saddam Hussein is "an early Christmas present." The state's junior Republican Senator says now that Saddam is in U-S custody, it changes the complexion of Iraq and the Middle East. Enzi believes Saddam loyalists will change their attitude. But he says this isn't the end of U-S efforts in Iraq and difficult days still lie ahead. Senator Craig Thomas says Saddam's capture will no doubt boost the morale of troops in Iraq. He says the development will help provide a renewed commitment to the efforts to stabilize the country.