Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Tue January 6, 2004
Escaped Murderer Speeds Through Wyoming
Laramie, Wy – A convicted murderer who escaped from a Michigan prison was arrested Tuesday morning after a high-speed chase on Interstate 90.
Ervin Brown was arrested by the Montana Highway Patrol in Billings, Montana, after using a spike strip to flatten two of the tires on his vehicle.
He's being held at the Yellowstone County Detention Center on assault, criminal endangerment and eluding a peace officer.
Brown, a 41-year-old Michigan native, escaped while on trash detail at Mound Correctional Facility in Detroit late Friday.
The car he was in was reported stolen Monday from South Dakota. Police say he also had guns reported stolen from a shop in Buffalo.
Trooper Rick Starks says Brown pointed a shotgun at police during a standoff but was taken into custody without any shots being fired.
He's also being implicated in the armed robbery this morning of a convenience station in Dayton.
Brown was serving a life sentence in Michigan for first-degree murder, armed robbery and other felony crimes.