Most Active Stories
- A cappella vocal ensemble, the King's Singers
- Wyoming’s little talked about pollution source: trona mines
- UPDATE: EPA issues Wind River Reservation state status for air monitoring, rules on res. border
- OSHA says Sinclair refinery shutdown is on the table
- Wyoming fires Football Coach Dave Christensen
Mon September 30, 2013
Explosion at Sinclair refinery causes second fire in two months
An explosion at the Sinclair Refinery near Rawlins on Friday night resulted in a fire.
The explosion occurred around 10 p.m. on Friday. No one was injured, and by 3 a.m. the fire was under control. The Wyoming Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or OSHA, is investigating the incident. The cause is still unknown.
Sinclair has had a series of problems at the refinery in the past few years. A fire in July sent two people to the hospital, and in 2012, seven workers were injured in four separate incidents. OSHA fined the company hundreds of thousands of dollars for safety violations as a result of those incidents.