Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon November 24, 2003
Feds Investigating Illegal Killing of Wolf
Laramie, Wy – The US Fish and Wildlife Service is confirming that it was a wolf killed last month west of Daniel. The agency's Law Enforcement Agent in Charge of Wyoming, Dominic Domenici, says DNA analysis verified the wolf was part of the Yellowstone reintroduced population and probably a member of the Green River Pack. There's a well-documented problem of wolves from that pack killing livestock, but Domenici says they aren't making any assumptions about who was responsible.
Domenici isn't releasing much information on how the wolf died, but says they are sure it was a human-caused death. He says they have a list of people they want to speak with to determine all the facts surrounding the case. Anyone with information should contact the Fish and Wildlife Law Enforcement Office in Casper.