Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Wyoming Judicial Branch says there’s nothing left to cut.
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue April 26, 2005
Finalists Picked To Fill Northrup Seat
Powell, Wy – Newspaper Publisher Dave Bonner, Former State Representative Sylvia Gams and former County Commissioner Ray Peterson are all finalists to be the next Senator representing Big Horn and Park counties. They will be filling the seat left vacant when Senator Laness Northrup died earlier this month. The three were chosen during a meeting Monday and Big Horn County Republican Chairman Bernie Du Monthier says County Commissioners from Park and Big Horn will now make a final selection. Bonner, who is from Powell, appears to have the edge. Since more registered voters reside in Park County, Du Monthier says those commissioners have a stronger vote. "If three commissioners vote for one person on one side and three commissioners vote for one person on the other side, you'd say it was a tie. Well it won't be. Park County would win, cause they got that extra little margin there. "
But Du Monthier says all three have some experience with elected office, which makes them all strong candidates. The commissioners will make their selection next Monday morning.