Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed September 26, 2007
Fire Chief Indicted
Cheyenne, Wy – A federal grand jury has indicted former
Campbell County fire chief Gary Scott on charges that he had sex with four minors.
Scott resigned last month after a criminal complaint charged him
with sexually assaulting a single teenage fire cadet.
An indictment filed against Scott in federal court last week
charges him with 12 counts of transporting minors across state
lines to engage in illegal sexual activity.
John Powell is spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in
Cheyenne. Powell says today (Tuesday) that the indictment charges
Scott with sex acts involving four separate minors.
Scott entered pleas of NOT guilty to each of the 12 counts in
the indictment yesterday (Monday) before a federal magistrate.
Scott is scheduled to go on trial next month in Cheyenne.
Cheyenne lawyer Terry Harris represents Scott. Harris declined
comment on the new charges against Scott.