Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu November 13, 2003
Flagg Ranch May Offer Snowmobile Rentals
Moose, WY – Snowmobiles may still be for rent at northwestern Wyoming's Flagg Ranch this winter, just through another company. The ranch says it's negotiating with the National Park Service to enter into an agreement with a company to rent snowmobiles from its site. The ranch earlier decided not to rent snowmobiles this winter. It said new rules in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks limit snowmobile numbers and don't guarantee access to either park. Under the agreement, officials say the rental company would pay Flagg Ranch a fee to operate from its site. The ranch, which sits between the two parks, will still provide basic services this winter like a convenience store, gas station and restrooms.