Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed January 7, 2004
Freudenthal Pushes Economic Development
Cheyenne, Wy – Governor Dave Freduenthal is looking for support of several economic development proposals in his budget. The biggest is an attempt to enhance the Business Ready Communities bill approved by lawmakers last year. The Governor thinks the legislation will be key to Wyoming's future, but he says local government need to know that the program isn't going to just disappear after a couple of years.
Freudenthal says that is why past economic development efforts in the state have failed. Enhancement to the main street program, tourism and small business development are also in the Governors budget.