Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue December 27, 2005
Gillette Four Face Charges In District Court
Gillette, Wy – Three men and a juvenile, charged in the
killing of two teenagers, were bound over to District Court today
Preliminary hearings were set within a week for three of the
accused. The fourth waived his right to a speedy hearing.
Kent Proffitt Senior, Christopher Hicks, Jacob Martinez and
Michael Seiser are all charged with first-degree murder
A charge of accessory after the fact to murder against the
15-year-old Seiser was dismissed.
All are accused in the shooting death of 16-year-old Bryce
Chavers and 19-year-old Jeremy Forquer.
Chavers was shot in the head and Forquer was strangled.
Chavers was to be a prosecution witness against Proffitt in a
sexual assault trial.