Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed December 1, 2004
Governors Budget Announced
Laramie, Wy – The Governor released his budget that focuses on one time projects. In his 293 million dollar budget, Dave Freudenthal wants to continue funding construction projects in the state and he proposes projects ranging from higher education to highways. He also wants to set aside around 272 million in a rainy day account. The Governor stresses that although the state has a surplus, not all the money has to be spent this year. He'd like leaders to focus on where the state should be in ten years.
Freudenthal also wants to spend money on economic development, education, impacts from oil and gas development and some one time endowment projects. He will present his budget to the legislatures appropriations committee next week.