Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Best of Wyoming
Tue June 11, 2013
Green River Rendezvous – Pinedale
Pinedale’s oldest and longest standing cultural event is held annually the second weekend in July and is enjoyed by visitors and locals alike. Vendor Street Fair, Museum of the Mountain Man specialty tours and demonstrations, Kids’ Fishing Derby, “Spirit of the Winds” Fireworks Show, 3-on-3 Rendezvous Basketball Tournament, Rendezvous Parade, nightly rodeos, live music, and Native American Dance performances makes this Pinedale’s biggest summer event. The four day celebration includes the Green River Rendezvous Pageant on Sunday in which local participants re-create an authentic rendezvous in full costume to give a lively, historical performance of this unique time in Pinedale and American history.
For more information, visit http://www.museumofthemountainman.com/events/rendezvous.htm .